NORTH STONINGTON'S LIBRARY SINCE 1908
Wheeler Library is the cultural center of our community and the place North Stonington residents gather for the discovery of ideas & the joy of reading. Materials, programs and services for everyone.
Beginning Monday, March 30th, Wheeler Library will offer curbside service for your printing needs. If you need something printed, copied, scanned or faxed, we will do it for you at the library. You can drop off and pick up by prior arrangement, and we maintain social distance, and follow all safety precautions. Call us during phone hours 10am-1pm Monday – Friday, or email us anytime, and we will help you. We do charge a bit for printing (.50/color page; .15 b/w page) and faxing $1/page to send or receive, with a discount after 5 pages. Library email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone is 860.535.0383
- Email email@example.com or call — between 10am and 1pm Monday through Friday — with your requests – item availability will be limited to our collection only as the statewide interlibrary loan service has been halted for the time being.
- Work with us to schedule a pick-up time (10am to 1pm Monday – Friday).
- Call us when you arrive and we will come to your car (with gloves on) and put the materials in the trunk, or leave them for you on the steps once you arrive.
- Please return items in the bookdrop when you are finished with them. The bookdrop will be open 24/7. Thank you.
- Search our catalog for items we own. Put a hold on anything you want – if you do not know your card number, call or email us and we will provide it.
- Or make a list and send it to us. CATALOG: https://whe.agverso.com/home?cid=whe&lid=whe
- See this list for everything we have purchased since January 2019. Check off anything that looks interesting, and we’ll work from that. If items are unavailable at the time you ask, we will put them on hold for you.
- Here is a list of our themed Grab and Go Bags, with books and activities for children on particular topics. One per family per week, please.
Need Seeds? Send us an email anytime (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call 10am to 1pm Monday through Friday, and we will check the drawers. If we can help, we will package them up for curbside pickup.
Thinking about getting your tomato and pepper plants started? We have restocked the drawers in our Seed Lending Library. Come have a look and take what you need from a wide variety of vegetable and flower seeds. More will be added later in the season.
ON HIATUS….Yoga with Kim – Wednesdays — 8:45-10am. Detailed instruction practiced to align, strengthen, and promote flexibility in the body, allowing new students to easily follow the class. Emphasis on linking breath with body movement. Each week we will make a simple, full circuit of the body’s range of motion to bring relaxation, balance and challenge to the body and mind. Both relaxing and revitalizing, a nice way to start the day. Kim is 200 hour certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy. Please pay Kim at your first class ($96 for eight sessions). Drop in fee $15/class. A portion of the proceeds benefits Wheeler Library.
ON HIATUS - Love to write? This monthly group is led by Sarah Starr-Murphy, writer, editor and North Stonington resident. Free and open to all middle and high school age students.
Spring Writing Workshop POSTPONED!
Have you always wanted to try creative writing but aren’t sure where to start? Do you enjoy writing but want to take your craft to the next level? Are you looking for some gentle but useful feedback on your work? This is the class for you!
This class will have an alternating format. One week we will try our hands at a variety of fun, inspiring writing prompts. The next week, volunteers will submit work for the group’s critique. We will learn a new quick-critique format to focus our responses. Develop a practice that works for you, no matter your genre, style, or experience!
Spring session is four Thursday nights from 6-7 pm, April 9th – April 30th. Cost for this series is $40.
Sarah Starr Murphy is a working writer and editor for The Forge Literary Magazine. TO REGISTER: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intensive-writing-workshops-tickets-92772112887
The Spring Gardening Programs are all postponed or cancelled. We will update this page when we have new dates for any of them.
Do you love to crochet or knit? Are you looking for fellow crafters who share your passion? Then join our needlecrafting group! We meet every week to work on projects, chat, and learn from each other. Please bring your own supplies.